Laser cutting and Profiling
Our new Bystronic Bystar 3015 sheet metal laser cutting/profiling machine provides a wide range of benefits to our customers.
The reasons for laser cutting sheet metal popularity include:
- A range of thicknesses including up to 10mm stainless steel and 15mm mild steel
- In comparison to plasma profiling and punching the laser leaves a profiled part with a superior edge finish that requires no finishing and/or de-burring
- Intricate and detailed profiles are easily achievable
- The laser can cut very complex shapes and parts without the need for expensive tooling
- Unlike plasma cutting laser cutting does not cause distortion through heat
- With nitrogen assist gas a polished edge finish can be achieved on stainless steel
With a typical cut accuracy of +\-0.1mm each profile is consistent. Laser cutting provides customers with a part that can, in most cases, be immediately integrated into their product.
View the videos below to see our cutter in action.